Sunday, May 15, 2016

Odds & ends

  • This weekend, we did something we hadn't done in a LONG time (pre-real estate madness). We went to see a movie:  Captain America: Civil War.
    • This was only the sixth movie we've seen so far this year. We're slipping!! 
    • Best part of the movie  (mild spoiler alert):  when Cap kissed a girl -- and the little boy in front of us voiced his displeasure with a loud "SERIOUSLY??!"  Dh & I both cracked up. I still laugh when I think about it. ;)
  • On another Captain America-related note, Agent Carter, one of my favourite mindless fun TV shows from last season, was cancelled. Boo, hiss. :( 
  • This weekend, I (also) spent an afternoon with a half-dozen fellow loss moms, online friends who were in town for their annual meetup. The topic of pregnancy loss rarely came up in the four hours we spent together (and when it did, it was in a mostly peripheral way), but there's an instant comfort level that comes from being with your tribe, isn't there??  :)  
  • We are enjoying some amazing sunsets from the balcony of our new condo. For example: 

     
  • The same amazing people who pushed Bill 141 into law here in Ontario just before last Christmas have now coordinated an all-day summit on pregnancy loss at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto tomorrow. The conference is full (and I was sadly unable to attend anyway), but the good news is it will be live streamed!  so I'm hoping to catch at least some of it. :) Details will be forthcoming on the Bill 141 Facebook page.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the good review of Civil War! We've been a little bit burnt out on superhero movies as of late. I also hate it when a show I like gets cancelled (RIP, Fringe!).

    I know exactly what you mean about an instant comfort level when with your own tribe. Having met my first CNBC blogger friend fairly recently, this is exactly how I would describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a lovely sunset! One perk of condo life.

    Sounds like the meet-up was a wonderful one. Yes about finding your tribe. It always makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunset!! So glad you are enjoying the new place.

    ReplyDelete